What personal information do you collect?
We collect personal information which is required in order to perform business with you. We may collect any of the following information in order to complete a purchase or provide you with a comfortable experience here at Eternal Goth.
- Your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase (Only if you have created an account)
- Details of any purchase orders that you place through the website, and any details we need for delivery
- Details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us
- Information you provide if you report a problem with our website
- Your computers public IP address
- Your computers web browser (such as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer etc.)
- If no account is used, and no checkout completed, no information is stored.
What do you use my personal information for?
We only collect your personal information for the sole purpose of providing you with our services. To be specific we use your information to:
- Facilitate your use of this website and the services available through it
- When you purchase from us we use your information to process your order, collect payment and arrange delivery (which includes providing your shipping address to a courier)
- If we believe an error has been made with your order we will use your information to contact you about your order by email or telephone
- If you've contacted us for support or requested a return we'll use your information to provide support or process your return.
Who do you share my personal information with?
We try to do our best to reduce the amount of data we share however in some cases we have to share data in order to provide our service(s) to you. We have listed everyone that we may share your data with below and detailed which data we may share with them.
Stripe Payments Europe Limited
We will provide your billing information and IP address to Stripe if you have chosen to use the credit/debit card payment method. We do this because your payment is processed by Stripe on our behalf. They use your information to ensure that the correct card holder is indeed making the payment and (if chosen by you) to save your credit/debit card information for later use.
We will only transfer your data to them once you have completed our order form and filled in your credit/debit card details and clicked “continue”. If you have never completed an order using this method of payment then no data has been transferred to stripe from us.
PayPal UK Limited
We will provide your current basket information to PayPal if you have chosen this payment method. We do this as PayPal requires this information to successfully process your purchase.
You will provide your billing information directly to them when making a payment with PayPal.
Your information is only stored with PayPal once you have completed your purchase using the PayPal payment method. If you do not complete your order no information is stored with PayPal.
New Rock Shoes S.L
If you've ordered a pair of New Rock's through us then we will provide your shipping information to New Rock Shoes S.L in Spain to enable them to send your newly ordered shoes/boots to you.
We need to do this because all of our New Rock items are sent directly to you from the factory in Spain where they are made.
New Rock Shoes S.L will provide your information to a courier who delivers your item to you.
If you've never purchased a pair of New Rock's through us then your information has never been provided to New Rock Shoes S.L.
Barclays Bank PLC
If you’re in one of our stores and you use one of our counter top card payment machines then your card payment will be processed by Barclays Bank PLC.
Barclays will receive the information held on your credit/debit card from the counter top card machine supplied by Barclays.
We do not supply any further information to Barclays Bank PLC when you use our counter top card machines.
When we dispatch an item to you we will provide your shipping address to your selected courier so that your item can be sent to you.
In the event that we are court ordered to provide your information to the UK Authorities we may provide them with your data, we do not provide data without a court order.
Third Party Advertisers/Tracking Services
We do not provide your information to any third party advertising or tracking services as we feel that those kinds of services are far too invasive for our liking as such we do not share any of your information with those services.
How long will you hold my data?
We will store your data for the entire duration that your account is deemed active or until you request that we remove your account. We consider an active account to be an account that has been logged into or used to make an order within the last 2 years.
If an account has not been logged into or used to place an order within the last 2 years the data held by us for that account will be permanently deleted in such a way the data cannot be recovered.
If you have chosen to have your account removed then your account and the data held within will be deleted immediately upon receiving the request. In some cases we may require proof that you are the account holder if we have valid reason to believe otherwise.
What do you do to protect my personal information?
We ensure that our servers are as secure as they can possibly be as we aim to provide a secure service. A small selection of the things we do to provide a secure service are listed below.
- All passwords are encrypted before being stored on our servers
- Two-Factor Authentication is offered for account holders to prevent account theft
- We do not store credit/debit card information on our servers
- Mandatory strong employee passwords
- All of our servers and computers are entirely self-managed and configured by our own trusted employees
- SSL is used throughout our entire web infrastructure to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks
- Security-Enhanced Linux (A policy based Access Control System) is used on all servers
- Misbehaving IP addresses are dropped automatically at the firewall level
- We ensure all systems are kept up to date with the latest security patches at all times
However please be aware that no matter how much security we put in place breaches can happen. This is an inherent problem with computer systems and while do our very best to protect all data we cannot guarantee its safety.
We are however proud to say we have never had any security breaches of any kind!
What cookies do you store on my computer?
We only store cookies which are strictly necessary for website operation. We do not set malicious Ad-tracking cookies or 3rd party cookies.
Below is the full list of cookies we set on your computer and their purpose.
|Cookie Name||Purpose and usage.|
|PHPSESSID||This session cookie allows the website to keep you logged in.|
|language||This cookie tells the website which language you are using.|
|currency||This cookie tells the website which currency you have selected.|
||This cookie is set when you click "Got It!" on cookie notification to hide it.|
|display||This cookie contains product/category display options.|
|customer||This cookie contains a hashed value of your customer ID.|
|tracking||This cookie is only set if you have visited the store using a marketing campaign link.|
If you find any other cookies set by us on your computer please notify us.
If you would like clarification, or have a question of your own, please do not hesitate to contact us and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!